Raw Lemon Energy Bites
You can find many ways to make raw energy balls o energy bites and give your personal touch with some flavour variations. The most important thing is keep in mind that they will be a healthy snack as long as you choose wholesome ingredients.
I tried this recipe and the energy balls have gone down very well. I loved them because they are rich in vitamin C from the lemons, vitamin E from almonds and fat from the coconut.
So if you are looking for some ideas, you should try these delicious energy balls or energy bites.
16 energy bites
- 1 cup ground almonds.
- 1/3 cup raw coconut flour.
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt.
- juice of 2 lemons.
- zest of 1 lemon.
- 1 vanilla pod.
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoon coconut blossom syrup or manuka honey.
1/4 cup desiccated coconut o ground almonds.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth and the mix comes together to form a dough.
- Roll into 16 small balls, then roll each ball in the desiccated coconut or ground almonds.
- Chill on a plate in the fridge to harden for 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.