Dried or canned chickpeas are among nature’s lowest GI food. They are high in fibre and packed with nutrients, providing protein, carbohydrate, B vitamins, folate and minerals.
When you add legumes to meals and snacks, you reduce the overall GI of your diet allowing your body to digest them slowly.
- 1 x 380 gr cans of chickpeas, drained.
- 4 tablespoon low fat plain Greek yogurt or water.
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil.
- 1 garlic clove.
- salt (optional).
- Paprika (optional).
- freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- KANKUN® Chipotle Mild or KANKUN® Jalapeño Hot (to taste).
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor. Add the yogurt, garlic, salt, lemon juice, KANKUN® sauce and oil. Turn on the food processor.
- When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish. Drizzle with some KANKUN® Chipotle Mild or KANKUN® Jalapeño sauce.
- Sprinkle with paprika and finely chopped chives, for final touch and presentation.