My daughter has fallen in love with porridge, she always asks me for porridge with chocolate. Once we made it together for breakfast and decided to add dark chocolate since then that is her favourite porridge recipe.
The porridge was delicious, I have never tried it before with dark chocolate or cacao nibs. At home everyone has its preferences, my kids love topping with dark cacao drops and stir it until is melted in theirs bowl but I love the crunchy from the cacao nibs.
Porridge is a easy breakfast and we love adding seeds source of antioxidants and much more nutrients.
- 52g (1/2cup) Quinoa Flakes.
- 1/3 cup organic coconut milk (canned) or any milk.
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1 tablespoon maca powder.
- 1 tablespoon hemp powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao nibs.
- 1 tablespoon milled seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed).
- Place Quinoa Flakes, milk, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Let them simmer for 4 minutes for a textured porridge or longer for a smoother one.
- Remove from heat and add maca powder and milled seeds.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with add cacao nibs and milled seeds.