Jacket potatoes with jalapeños coleslaw
Potatoes are a starchy food and a great source of energy, B vitamins and potassium. They are also a good source of fibre, so leave the skins on where possible, to keep in more of the fibre and vitamins.
The potato comes in innumerable varieties and you can make delicious and easy dishes with them.
- 2 baking potatoes.
- 250g cabbage (red and white), finely shredded and washed.
- 2 carrots, washed and finely shredded.
- 3/4 cup low fat greek yoghurt.
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar.
- 2 tsp coconut blossom syrup or honey.
- salt (optional).
- ground black pepper (to taste).
- 2 spring onions.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw and unsalted. (optional)
- KANKUN® Jalapeño Sauce (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Scrub and rinse potatoes. Pat dry. Brush some oil on each potato.
- Pierce each potato 6 times with a fork and wrap in foil. Bake for 60-90 mins or until tender when a skewer is inserted into centre. Transfer to a plate. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, vinegar and coconut syrup in a bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and walnuts (previously chopped). Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove foil from potatoes. Return to plate. Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato. Using a tea towel, hold 1 potato. Squeeze base gently to open top. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes on plates. Top with salad mixture. Sprinkle with spring onion and a dash of KANKUN® Jalapeño Sauce.