Granola Bar with yogurt
There are countless ways to incorporate whole grains in your diet and one of them is through snacks such as a granola bar.
The cereal or granola bar can be prepared at home with ingredients you have available in your kitchen cupboard. Choose dried fruit, nuts and whole grains, which best suit your needs.
- 1/2 cup fat free or low fat plain Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt).
- 1 banana, mashed*.
- 1 cup rolled oat (not instant).
- 1/2 cup nuts (your favourite nuts).
- 1/3 cup mix seeds (pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, etc.)**
- 1/4 cup dates pitted.
- 1/4 cup prunes pitted.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Line a baking square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the yogurt and banana smashed. Set aside.
- In a food processor, coarse chop the nuts and dried fruit. Transfer to a bowl and mix in seed and oats. Fold in the yogurt mixture. Press the batter into the prepared baking pan and then using the back of a measuring cup press the mixture into the pan until it is tightly packed.
- Bake for 2530 minutes. Let granola cool (around 30-45 minutes) before cutting into bars. Wrap each one on wax paper and store in the fridge (for up to one week) in an air container.
*You can replace the banana smashed by applesauce or apple pure.
** You can make your granola bar with your favourite dried fruits and nuts.
***Cooking time depends on your oven.