Courgette with veggies
I love having courgette spaghetti as an easy and wholesome option for lunch or dinner. So this time, I have tried with king prawns and veggies.
You will get different nutrients such as vitamin C from red bell peppers. Additionally you will boost your cardiovascular system as asparagus has a natural diuretic effect which can help to lower blood pressure, while garlic helps to thin the blood preventing clot formation.
I don’t have a spiralizer and I have been trying with peeler, but honestly I prefer buying organic courgette spaghetti. Keep some of them in your fridge for these rushing days and boost your intake of veggies.
- 4 spring onions, chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped.
- 160 g purple sprouting broccoli.
- 2 Courgette Spaghetti 300g (organic)
- 150g raw king prawns, from sustainable sources.
- ginger (to taste).
- salt (pinch).
- zest and juice from 1 lemon.
- In a large saucepan gently cook the spring onions in oil until soft. Then add the chopped garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add the red pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the broccoli florets from the stalks, then slice up the stalks.
- Blanch the broccoli florets and stalks in boiling salted water for 1 to 2 minutes, then drain.
- Stir briefly the broccoli with the spring onions, garlic and red peppers. Season. Remove from the heat.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, add the prawns and cook until they turn pink. Add the veggies and remove from the heat.
- Cook the courgette following the package instructions.
- Stir the courgette in the veggies preparation.
* I bought the courgette spaghetti but you can make it by yourself using a julienne peeler or spiralizer. Cover the spaghetti with boiling water for 3 minutes and drain.