Beans cream, a wholesome idea
I love legumes but sometimes my little ones don’t share the same passion for them, so I tried a delicious cream of red kidney beans with mushrooms when I was studying, and for me, it was a good recipe to repeat and share with my family at home.
I must to say that I was surprised when my daughter said to me “more please” and few minutes later my little one said “more more”. Since then I keep this recipe with me alongside the BBQ beans burgers.
This cream is easy and I have also tried mixing it with some legumes, for example, red kidney beans and/or cannellini beans. For a crunchy taste, you can add some seeds as topping or a cracker.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 1 red onion, diced.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 1 can organic chopped tomatoes (400g).
- 2 cans organic cannellini beans in water or organic red kidney beans in water (400g x 2).
- 500 ml vegetable stock.
- sea salt.
- freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized saucepan and sweat the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and add them to the pan and season with salt, cumin
and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup mixture in a blender until a creamy consistency.