Sometimes we are looking for the perfect moisturising cream, but we can find the real source for a healthy skin in our food. This way you save money and nourish the largest organ in the human body.
Aside from vitamins and minerals, healthy skin also needs a good and balanced supply of the essential fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6. Some skin superfoods are: pumpkin seeds, walnuts, oily fish, avocados, etc.
I have learned this delicious recipe and I want to share it with you. I have just replaced the cayenne pepper for Kankun Sauce, but if you are not fancy of chilli you can try without it.
I made the recipe for my kids without the cayenne pepper or Kankun Sauce, and they loved it. So this avocado hummus is a good way to eat legumes at the same time.
- 1 can organic chickpeas in water.
- 1 large bunch coriander.
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 1 lime, juiced.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric.
- 1/4 teaspoon KANKUN® Jalapeño Sauce (optional).
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and purée.
- Adjust the texture by adding more olive oil to loosen and add more lime juice to taste.