Avocado Chocolate Mousse
I must confess that I’m not a chocolate lover but when I tried this recipe in class I said “I have to do it at home”. I did it and my husband loved it too. However I had the mouse as spreadable on my toast and my husband as a dessert. So this mousse is versatile and you can eat it in two or more ways.
Why you should try it? Because this recipe is absolutely wholesome and delicious. Let me tell you a bit about some ingredients and their nutrients.
- Avocado: its neutral taste and creamy flesh, it’s perfect for a beautiful dessert. Also provides vitamins A and E (an important antioxidant), and it is rich in monounsaturated fats which can lower the risk of heart disease and cholesterol levels. Also avocado is source of zinc, a mineral which stimulates the production of white blood cells which fight infection and helps them fight more aggressively.
- Cacao: Cacao boosts brain levels of serotonin, the feel-good brain chemical. The benefits of cacao are proven to boost the brain levels of calming hormones and restore feelings of well-being. Cacao is rich in magnesium which main role is to help to create energy without overstimulating the nervous system giving you incredible long-lasting energy! Without this mineral we could feel tired and fatigued. Raw cacao powder (2tbsp) contains 52mg or 14% of daily value. Plus cacao is high in antioxidants.
The key to getting the most benefit is consuming raw chocolate.
Indulge your cravings with a wholesome treat!
- 2 bananas.
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil.
- 4 tablespoon cacao powder.
- 1 tablespoon coconut syrup.
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter or almond butter (without added sugar, salt or oil).
- handful of coconut flakes and hazelnuts (decoration).
- Blend all the ingredients apart from the coconut flakes and hazelnuts in a food processor until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge fro 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly crush the hazelnuts in a pestle and mortar.
- Sprinkle de nuts and coconut flakes over the mousse and serve.
*You can decorate with your favourite and wholesome toppings.