Apple and cinnamon cupcake
Oats are a versatile whole grain that you can eat it as porridge, topping and even in your desserts. According to Grain and Legumes Council, oats almost never have their bran and germ removed in processing so most food products containing ‘oats’, ‘oat flour’ or ‘oatmeal’ as an ingredient contain whole grain oats.
Several important nutrients can be found in this low GI carb, for example is a good source of fibre, iron, zinc, copper and excellent source of magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, thiamin (vitamin B1).
- 1/2 cup rolled oat, ground (oat flour).
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple.
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar.*
- 1tablespoon cinnamon.
- 1teaspoon baking powder.
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1egg room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease and flour, I used a silicone cupcake case.
- Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla extract to blend. Stir in grated apple. In a separate bowl, sift your oat flour with cinnamon and baking. Stir your mixture in apple mixture and stir just until blended.
- Scrape into prepared cupcake pan or in your silicone muffin case and bake for 15 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of the cupcake comes out clean. After cooled for 10 minutes, turn cupcakes out to cool completely.
*You can use your favourite sugar, but you should adjust the quantity, whether is necessary.